Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lush-ious

First, a sweet and heartfelt thanks to Vanessa for the lovely Lush gift set that arrived on my door step, it is heavenly.

After my first lush bath, I have to say it's a good thing that there isn't a brick and mortar store close to me, because I would surely be bankrupt. Although, it's a little disconcerting that I got a shipment two days ago and when I threw the box out into the recycling bin behind the MG and the entire garage now smells like bath products. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it's STRONG. I used the Christmas Kisses bubble bar, and greedily used the entire thing. Sarah, I should have listened to you - as I was in bubbles up to my ears, quite literally. A candlelit bath with mounds of bubbles and a glass of wine was amazing though.

I made another order yesterday of an ungodly amount, and I am actually shocked to say that someone from Lush just called to tell me that they noticed I was a new customer and that they're going to throw in some additional samples with the order over and above what they would normally to introduce me to some more of the products. If that's not fantastic customer service I don't know what is.

---------- edited to add -------------

I've been asked to let you know what I've ordered and/or tried from Lush.

In the last *ahem* two weeks, these are the 32 items that I've ordered. Those things that I've already tried are commented on:
  1. Butterball bath bomb
  2. Something Wicked This Way Comes Bath Melt (no glitter) (at first I was just kinda meh - but it made me very soft - I used about half in the tub and was pleasantly surprised by the softness as the cocoa butter split up and melted. Once in the tub the scent was much better, the water turned a light shade of lavender.
  3. Turbo Bubble bubble bar (sparkly. not so sure about the glitter... haven't used it yet)
  4. Christmas Kisses bath bomb (2) (I ordered one and got another one of these in the Big Frees promotion, and again while I didn't like how strongly it smelled in the package, but in the tub it made a crazy amount of bubbles - i overflowed the tub with them. The water was a beautiful shade of red and the bathroom smelled heavenly for days.
  5. Creamy Candy bath melt (smells well, like candy)
  6. Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly (very strong, thought pleasant smelling, intrigued by the jello like appearance, haven't tried it yet)
  7. Honey Trap Lip Balm (makes my usually chapped lips quite soft. Not so sure about the "tastes like white chocolate and honey" claims, but very happy with it)
  8. Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie soap - (tried it for the first time this morning, not so sure how I feel about it yet. My skin is incredibly soft but I couldn't get it to lather up much).
  9. Sleepy Head Scalp Bar (this massage bar had me out cold in ten minutes both times - two rather sleepy thumbs up)
  10. Letters to Santa Bath Bomb (also from the Big Frees)
  11. Christmas massage bar (also from the Big Frees) (this smells wonderful... absolutely heavenly - wish it was available all year)
  12. Snowcake soap (also from the Big Frees) (pretty, not so sure about the glitter - but smells nice)
  13. Flying Fox shower gel (fantastic scent, great lather - love it)
  14. Dreamtime bath melt
  15. Waving Not Drowning Bath Bomb
  16. Freeze bath gel (en route)
  17. Angels on Bare Skin (en route)
  18. Fresh Farmacy soap (en route)
  19. Buffy (en route)
  20. Blue Skies bubble bar (en route)
  21. Sympathy for the Skin lotion/cream (en route)
  22. Big Blue bath bomb (en route)
  23. Bathos bubble bar (en route)
  24. Youki-hi bath bomb (en route)
  25. Golden moon soap (en route)
  26. Eggsnog lip balm (en route)
  27. Snow Fairy shower gel (en route)
  28. Nude bath melt (en route)
  29. I love juicy shampoo (en route)
  30. Lip Service lip balm (en route)
  31. Hard Water shampoo bar (en route)
And, as an FYI - if you're about to purchase anything there, wait a few days. They're turning the Big Frees promotion into the Big Thaw, which means that more full size freebies will be comped with an order, but the details aren't posted yet.

7 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord woman! How much did you spend?? ;-)

Enjoy those soaks. I'm completely jealous as I have a crap bathtub that doesn't warrant a nice bathing experience.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Lush bath bombs! But the shipping on the products is so much because they are in Canada that I rarely order. I rely on my friends who travel to Lush locations to shop for me.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lucky enough to be in a lush store and it was wonderful. Though I prefer showers to baths so I opted for their fun soaps. Enjoy your freebies!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a Lush store three subway stops south of me. It is a temptation I can barely stand, I tell you. And when I went in, their service was amazing. So if you find yourself in NYC, let me know - I'll meet you there!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger x said...

I've never heard of lush, I'm heading to google...

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, the lush stuff doesn't do it for me, but I'm glad you had such a wonderful bath. Our bath needs recoating, and I'm too crap to get it organised. *sigh*

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no massage bars (especially the glitter ones)? Are you mad?

And what's with the lack of KARMA??? I highly recommend Coolaulin and American Cream and Arabian Bright and Recon and Milky Bar soap and I'll stop now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home