Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This doesn't hurt nearly as bad as shooting up...

So, after work today I got a tattoo on my left hip (pics forthcoming) it's about 6-7 inches long and about 3 inches wide at the widest point. A guy named Steven is doing it for me, and as he's about to start, I'm nervous as hell. Shaking nervous. It's my first, and it's something I've been debating for nearly four years. My best friend is sitting with me, camera in hand, trying to calm me down. As I've just come from work... I'm still wearing work clothes - which as an attorney means I look a bit of an anomaly in the shop.

Steven (tattoo guy): You know, I won't like, this is going to hurt. If it's too much let me know, and I'll back off and we can do it a little at a time.

April: (nervous as hell - so imagine shaky voice) o.k. will do.

[twenty minutes into it]

Steven: O.k - am I hurting you too much?

[Thinking to myself, you know the Follistim and the HCG shot was a thousand times worse]

April: No. not at all. It's actually hurts a hell of a lot less than shooting up at home.

Steven: Um... Um... um...



10 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha!

Can't wait to see the new tat.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see those pictures.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

That is way too funny! I can't wait to see the new tat! How fun! (I know I'm crazy, but they are addicting, at least for me..)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger DD said...

Poor Steven...

It's good to have a reference for the pain level. Does that mean a belly ring might hurt like the PIO? Hmmmmm...

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Hehehe. You ARE funny!

Also looking forward to the pics!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Larisa said...

Go you for freaking out the tattoo guy!! LOVE it!

Can't wait to see pics...

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's wild! Can't wait to see what it is. Do you love it?

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Sheryl said...

Oh I'm soooo jealous! I want a tattoo but I've been so chicken to get it. Really, shooting up was worse??

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger x said...

yea for you with a new tattoo!! They are addictive though. I have sworn #3 won't come until after a baby but if I have to wait much longer....

Can't wait for the pic!

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see a picture! J's had to aim the PIO shots around mine (which is 8 years old). I was a total wimp when I got it done but you have a point - now that I've been through all these injections, it would probably be a breeze in comparison!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home