Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Happy Moments

There is a blog that I read pretty much on a daily basis of this amazing woman in Houston (which I would link to but apparently her site is down today)... but one of the things that she does from time to time is to record what that particular day's "happy moment" was. Sort of a reminder that when everything gets crazy and all out of whack - that there are still little things to be thankful for.

I'm going to try to make it three a day, at blog them least three times a week. I encourage you to do the same.

9/28

1. Waking up, late, and still spending 20 minutes just snuggling while M. deleted spam from his yahoo email.

2. The bleeding stopping. This one deserves an asterisk.

3. Finding out that I have no cash with me (well technically, $.55, which sadly isn't even enough to get something out of the vendo*), that the cafeteria downstairs is closed, and being ravenously hungry - only to walk into the employee lounge and find that there are leftovers from a staff meeting today. Never have I been so thankful for cheetos. And a mozzarella, basil, tomato and balsamic vinegar mini sandwich.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*vendo (VEND-O), n. [fr. M.] 1. A vending machine, typically stocked with foodstuffs of unknown age, that no one ever really wants, but which will do when complete starvation is setting in. 2. Really annoying word that M. uses, and that *gasp* I have started to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home