Monday, September 20, 2004

Eighteen

I remember in my early teen years yearning to be 18. It seemed like it was a "magical" age that with it, suddenly I would be recognized as an adult, and would have a "grown up" life. I couldn't wait to get there.

Although I've given up temping every day, I still chart (although admittedly somewhat half-heartedly) but I keep chugging the numbers, and as I've watched the days turn into months, then into quarters, then into a year, then more, I sort of became numb to it. I rationalized that we weren't pregnant because we weren't having enough sex, that we weren't trying hard enough, that maybe we didn't really want it.

Then today, I noticed I've been using fertility friend for eighteen cycles. 18. That's a year and a half. Wow. And to think that I didn't bother buying the premier membership because, in my thoughts, I'd never stick around long enough to use it.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am right there with you. That whole "I won't be ttc long enough to need it" thing was my rationale for not buying the fertility monitor as well as not going for the premier FF membership.

Hmph.

Heather
One Pink Line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home