Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Sweet relief

Well, apparently the people who gave me the Summary Plan Description ("SPD") for the health insurance plan gave me the wrong one. I flipped through the correct SPD - scouring through little booklet desperately trying to find the infertility section.

Covered Services related to the diagnosis and/or treatment of infertility, including, but not limited to, in-vitro fertilization, uterine embryo lavage, embryo transfer, artificial insemination, gamete intrafallopian tube transfer, zygote intrafallopian tube transfer and low tubal ovum transfer are the same as your benefits for any other condition.

(my empahsis added).

Thank you. We're limited to 4 completed oocyte retrievals, unless a live birth results, which means we will be entitled to only two more completed oocyte retrievals.

My heart is soaring. Now I just need to find a new doctor, and try to get on the waiting list for treatment. Granted, they we have a 20% co-insurance rate, but dear God - I am so thankful. My previous insurance only had a $10,000 benefit for infertility, but this has no dollar limit aside from the total lifetime plan benefit.

I am so immensely grateful for good news finally.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! That is good news!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Wow--fantastic news, and coverage! Let me know if you'd like the name of my guy if you're still in the area (and I'm pretty sure you are). I think I told you about him before, yes?

Other than that, I hope you're doing well :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home