Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 1 of Stims

I have two shiny 600 IU ampules of Follistim AQ at home in the "utility" door of the refrigerator waiting for me to get home.

Today's bloodwork/scan on CD 3 revealed the following:

Estradiol level was 18.
FSH was 4.9.
Endometrial lining was 3 mm
17mm cyst on left ovary.

I have no idea what any of this means, what is "normal", etc. but nonetheless, I'm good to go for this evening. I'm to use 150 IU for the next five days. I go back in on Friday a.m. for a followup bloodwork and ultrasound. The IUI is projected to be Monday, but by Wed. at the latest. I had no idea it would be so fast.

The thing that I am the most grateful for - is that my insurance picked up the entire cost of the Follistim less only a $25 copay. (I also had a $25 copay for the Prometrium, and a whopping $1 cost for the syringes for the HCG - although I just realized I have no clue how much the HCG itself is costing me). I am incredibly thankful that the insurance is picking up nearly the entire tab for this.

The R.E.'s office gave me the Follistim from their stock, and the HCG and 30 tablets of 200mg. prometrium are being shipped to me from Schrafts tomorrow.

All day I kept expecting something to go wrong, and so far - it hasn't.

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm grateful to your insurance company as well!

And wishing you all the luck in the world as you start stims . . .

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stimming is my favorite part... all the hope with seeing the follies multiply and grow. I hope you have great success with this cycle.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Lala said...

I can't pretend to know what normal numbers are for you but they sound ok.Good luck with this this week.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I hope it stays just as easy!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Larisa said...

Good luck! That's great about the insurance coverage. Hope everything grows well!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Mere said...

Yay! Hope everything continues to go well.
I remember how fast time seemed to go at the beginning of my IUI cycles. The two weeks after... well, we all know how those go. *tick, tick, tick*
Keeping good thoughts in my head for you and fingers crossed.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Glad they let you go forward even with the 17mm cyst - I think that's about as big as they will accept.

Hoping with every fiber of my being that this goes smoothly and ends up with the right result at the end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home