Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Relief

Well, Frances is past, and I have to say that we were incredibly lucky. The storm did down a number of trees in our neighborhood, some of which smashed into houses and caused minor damage, but overall - it could have been much much worse. We had a trellis that had bouganvillea growing up out house broken, and a hibiscus partially uprooted, but that's about it. I honestly think the worst part of it was spending over SIX hours in line waiting to get plywood at Home Depot. And yes, while I fully admit that I am prone to exaggeration (a teeny tiny bit anyway) I am completely serious about that. Our electricity fluttered on and off a few times, but we actually kept it the entire way through the storm. That and watching about thirty six hours of nonstop hurricane coverage.

And, just as the hurricane was parting, AF decided to visit. So, new prescription for clomid in hand, I'm sweating through the day (it gives me terrible hot flashes) but I'm going to give it another shot.

*Psssssstttttttt* Ovaries - if you're listening, please cooperate. Don't just sit around and do nothing this month. Trust me, I sat around all weekend. It's boring. Get a little action going o.k.?




2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Glad to hear that you're okay! Sounds like your hurricane experience wasn't too bad and that's good. I know how stressful that can be and you certainly don't need more stress in addition to that of IF.

It sucks that AF arrived in the midst of all of this too! Adding insult to injury....

Sending good thoughts your way for this cycle. Let me know if you need anything at all!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm so glad you made it through Frances relatively unscathed. Not so glad AF couldn't leave you alone as well.

Well, maybe the Clomid will do the trick for you. The hot flashes may be hell (may be -- ha!) but here's hoping they pay of bigtime!

Heather
One Pink Line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home