Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Infiltrating even my dreams

I often have incredibly vivid bizarre dreams that are of epic proportions. This last one was a doozy though...

I received an invitation to an infertility conference that was to be held in a different city. The conference was quite expensive, but was going to cover a number of technical aspects of ART as well as the emotional facets of the diagnosis.

Couples were welcome, but Michael had to work so he couldn't make it with me. For those of us that were alone, they tried to pair us up with someone to room with. I kept hoping to run into some of you there... but instead I got to room with "her".

My roommate was a very perky upbeat woman in color coordinated lyrcra gym clothes who was worried about infertility. She had been trying to conceive for TWO WHOLE WEEKS and just was sure that she wouldn't be able to conceive, no matter how much baby dust had been sprinkled on her. Of course, she found out she was pregnant the first night of the conference, and her husband came up to the hotel to visit - so they could celebrate. Since she had already paid for the room, she didn't see the point in not staying (even though she was apparently knocked up). Her husband creepily offered to "help me out, since apparently he was good at this kind of thing" or to "teach my husband what to do."

I woke up right as I was mulling over the conference schedule - which included "Just Relax", "Special Vacation Miracles" and I don't remember what else.

I woke up in a cold sweat and tried to explain to Michael how horrible it was. He just looked at me like I had lost my mind.

I didn't realize that this was affecting even my dreams.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew! What a creepy guy! And the seminar names, what a stich. Glad it was only a dream.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought my dreams were painful! Got to love those seminar names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home