Thursday, January 05, 2006

Obstinate ovaries and other tricks of the trade

Whenever I get very stressed out, I often find myself humming or occasionally belting out Amazing Grace. Perhaps it is a vestige of growing up in the Southern Baptist church - my offkey voice lilting up from the choir loft during Sunday church. [Seriously - I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it] While I no longer associate with any organized religion, I still find myself singing along with hymns from time to time.

Skirt, skivvies and shoes shed... I hopped up on the sonographer's table this morning and she searched for what seemed like an inordinate amount of time for my errant ovaries. Then as she was taking the first images, the damn printer ran out of paper - so she leaned forward to get another roll of the sonography image paper with her left hand - with her right shoving the dildocam up through my tonsils while I quietly hummed along to Amazing Grace under my breath. I didn't realize that deep thrusting was part of the package.

After she finagled the dildocam far enough back we have follicles as follows:

Left: 14, 12, and 11.
Right: 11, 8 and 8.

*lazy bastards! Grow will you?!?!?!*

Endometrial lining is at a 10.

E2 is at a measly 252. I'm going to have to head back in tomorrow a.m. for another round with the dildocam. FUCK.

I will definitely not be ready by tomorrow for an insemination - even given that I accidentally took 200 ius of follistim night before last instead of the 150 prescribed. Don't ask - it was just me being stupid and tired.

So now we wait, as such is my lot in life. Depending on my e2 levels today - we'll figure out what to do over the weekend.

Forty-two years ago today Liz and Don were in the hospital cradling their newborn son... examining tiny fingers - counting tiny toes. He is the greatest partner I could have ever hoped for, and the best friend I've ever had. He's been there for me through some of the roughest and hardest points in my life - always supportive, always loving. For the last four years, we have built a life together and have yearned to have a child for much of that time. I hope that we're soon able to cradle our child in our arms.

I still hope.

11 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I caught myself singing that in my head just yesterday. Me!? The Atheist! Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Happy Birthday, Hubs. May the next year bring you fatherhood.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Ms. Pants said...

I'm a chanter. I have a set chant of goddess names that I will just trickle off like I'm going mad or something. I'm sure it makes all the very fundie christians sitting next to me on a plane very nervous.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, April, because I find myself spontaneously blursting out in song with "G-d bless America . . ."

I'm jealous of your lining. But I still love you.

I hope that your egglets will grow, grow, grow!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Nico said...

It actually sounds like things will now be perfect for an IUI on Monday!

My follicles never really grew until my e2 got over 100 - they'd pretend, but it was all just a show. I'm willing to bet that you're just on the cusp now, and that they'll be growing the requisite 2mm/day for a Monday IUI.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Manuela's comment, my follicles limp along for days and then quickly (but not so suddenly there isn't enough time to plan the trigger) change. So hoping that something good will happen over the weekend. And that lining sounds great.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hoping that your follicles get their act together, sharpish. And that the rest of it - which looks great - keeps it up.

Happy birthday to your lovely husband. Don't lose hope, there are lots of possibilities out there for the two of you.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your husband. I hope you're off doing something fun to celebrate!
Why is it that our bodies never cooperate?? I hope they are in good shape for Monday.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Hoping you will have a growth spurt soon. Happy birthday to your DH.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Happy Birthday to Mr UCC - and many more!

A - We still hope with you.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mere said...

Fingers crossed for your today! And happy belated b'day to your most fabulous hubby.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

April, how bizarre! Your hubs and mine share the same age and birthday!! How mad is that? All mine got was a chinese takeaway!

I hope your U/S today is going okay. My follicles would never respond as expected and it is the most frustrating thing ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home