Tuesday, October 11, 2005

the exploding straps

That would be a good name for a rock bad eh? Remember back in February the debacle I had involving an exploding bra, and rather amused window washers? No, well, take a second and go read it. These types of things could only happen to me, and yes - it did happen. How could I have made something so ridiculous up?

Well, today I'm at lunch with a male friend from work, and as we sit down - there is a loud popping sound. He looks at me and asks, innocently, what the hell was that? I'm wearing a turtleneck, and I can feel the strap creeping up over my shoulder - yelling - FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM. Now, I'm a rather well-endowed girl up top, so going braless is simply not an option. I blushed rather furiously and muttered that I had a wardrobe malfunction, and that I would need to excuse myself for emergency repairs. Of course, I have nothing with me to fix it this time, so I'm walking back with a rather large knot under my snug turtleneck in the back where I had to tie the bra in a knot to get me through the day. It looks like a giant tumor growing out of my back.

Do they just not make bras like they used to in the old days or what? Why am I so hard on these things?

6 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Mere said...

Check out my post for today, I am leaning toward the duct tape option myself. No straps!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord that is funny. I'm sorry about your frequent malfunctions :)

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Like you said, if you can't laugh at yourself... Thanks for sharing. Sorry you had yet another incident though - your first one seems more than enough for one person!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I hate that something so expensive is essentially disposable. Oh, I didn't mean disposable WHILE your still wearing it!

If your stories were on a sitcom, I'd have rolled my eyes. Good ones.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So embarassing... yet so funny!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who's ever 'popped' a strap and then had to tie it in a knot to make it through the rest of the day!

They just don't make bras like they used to--but those 'battle ax' bras disappeared long before we were old enough to wear a bra! I guess we get beauty (ha--try finding a pretty bra in my size!) over tensile strength.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home