Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Assuming I can count to 23....

Yeah! I got tagged... huzzah.

"Again they went forth"

That's really deep isn't it? So profound... so moving.

The line is actually from a poem I wrote (don't go bother looking for it as it's uber lame) that personified clomid. Michael and I were talking when I first started taking clomid and he said - "see it'll work. I'll get you pregnant now in a heartbeat." And I laughed and thought to myself - "oh yeah? You and what army?"

So I pictured each clomid pill as a little soldier, with a perfectly creased white uniform (my pills had a medial line in them) marching off down my throat to fix the situation. After the first round didn't work, I thought of it like a failed battle. We regrouped the second month and started the attack on a different day, with a different dose.

Sadly, like the current situation in Iraq it was an impossible battle to win. We went in hopeful with the best intentions, but it reached the point where we realized that it just wasn't going to work and we needed to find another way to deal with the situation.

Since so many people have already been tagged - I'm just going to tag anyone who wants to participate.

THE RULES:
1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five people to do the same.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page

 

Post a Comment

<< Home