Monday, October 03, 2005

Tide - Stop F'ing Rolling Already!

First, I offer a sincere apology to any University of Alabama alum.

Second - WTF?!?! The exuberance of the crimson tide is getting way out of hand. Tide - you can stop rolling at any time, and sooner would be preferred to later. I have now soaked through three pairs of knickers (something I haven't done since I was probably 12 years old and caught unawares), a pair of pants, and two skirts in the last two days. Mind you, at all times I was wearing a super absorbency tampon and a damn panty liner. And yes, all three of these things happened within an hour of changing out the tampon. An hour.

Thus bringing to an end the 35 and 1/2 day cycle, instead of my usual 27-29 days. Considering I ovulated on day 15-16, that was a long long time to wait for the inevitable.

This is so not cool. Vicodin was my friend yesterday and helped alleviate the "oh god this hurts so bad I think I'm going to vomit" cramps. But today - I'm at work and drafting something important so that's not going to fly.

On a good note, our home is finally ours alone - well aside from some of her shit still hovering in the basement. We spent all Saturday morning (yes, while I was gushing like the fucking red sea mind you) helping her move out. Do you think we got even so much as a thank you? For being the only ones suckered into helping her move? For housing her rent and bill free for over two months? Ha ha! Of course not. Nope. not a single thank you. And when we went downstairs to the basement, what did we find? Um, twelve of my glasses (all dirty) and more dirty dishes piled up. Oh - and did I mention the entire basement reeked of cat urine, or that there was cat shit smeared on the basement floor? Smeared ladies and gents - and left there for god only knows how long.

But - it's over. At least mostly over. I just want my key back now.

On a good note, I called the RE's office Friday with a stupid question, and left a message assuming they'd get back to me sometime between now and oh never - and a nurse called me back within THIRTY minutes. I nearly fainted.

8 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That much blood is really, really strange.

I'm starting to wonder, between the copious amounts of blood and the late CD1, if you're actually having a very early miscarriage. Did you ever succumb to the lure of the stick?

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem as you. Usually by now I'm wrapping things up, instead I'm soaking through left and right. What's going on?

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

I had the same thought as Molly. It does seem like an awful lot of blood for a regular period.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Thirty minutes, eh? Check this bitch out...my doc, who I regularly email, has been on holiday for a month. Yes, a month of IF limbo. Anyway, I sent him an email three weeks ago not knowing he was away, and when does he get back to me? Late this morning. This is why I love him.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lala said...

I think I agree with Molly.

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read the post, I have to admit having the same thoughts as the others. When I miscarried at 5 weeks, it was the first time since I was a wee little lass that I leaked at night. Of course, it's so hard to tell and speculation can be so frustrating.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Good riddance to bad rubbish on your house guest.

Perhaps you should consider changing the locks, just to be safe?

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Tide - it sounds really bad for you right now. It seems so weird that it is so heavy.

As for the guest, I so KNOW what you mean. When my cousin and his wife left there was no thankyou. Even though I supported them for 3 months. Nothing. Cat shit smeared what's with that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home