Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Dear Luteal Phase -

I don't understand what exactly the point of stringing me along like this is. I mean, if you're just not that into me - be upfront - let me know. I think it would be easier on us if we were just honest with each other. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you're not exactly known as an endurance performer. Most of the time, I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm left wondering "is that it?" But we were a partnership, so I forgave that - and looked more to the fact that hey - at least you were here for as long as you were. But, I'm tired of taking up for you when other people say you're just a two pump chump.

Usually you play around for awhile before you leave, teasing me with the "maybe I should stay... do you want me to stay? I think I should go, but if you want me to stay I'll stay..." before you finally just up and go in the middle of the night leaving me to wake up alone.

I know that sometimes it's hard to confront the truth, and maybe you're afraid that it will hurt my feelings. It's o.k. Really. I won't lie and say it won't sting a little, but I have big plans for the future. And to be quite honest, if we continue like this - well, it's just going to be harder on both of us. You're cramping my style. Actually, for a change it's not a physical cramp - but you know what I'm talking about. I just need some "alone" time. I just want to be friends. You're more like my older brother.

So, I'm giving you a free pass to leave. I can't cope with your mixed messages anymore. I've dealt with your 11 and 12 day duration for too long. But that doesn't excuse this month's mixed messages. 16-17 days? Are you kidding me? Trying to make up now for mistakes in the past is not going to work. Seriously. I know you've pulled this hurt me and send flowers crap in the past, but I'm tired of your shenanigans.

And no. I am not going to let you con me into buying another HPT. You've done that too me one too many times in the past, and this time I'm not falling for it. I'm standing my ground. I will be strong, no matter how you look at me with those puppy dog eyes.

This time, I'm just going to wait for you to leave on your own accord. I just hope it's soon.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you on your way out.

6 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Donna said...

You are a riot! Sometimes all we can do is use humor to get through a situation.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

Great post! Is there a possibility that this could be IT?

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had never heard the saying you used in your last sentence. Ha ha!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very curious indeed...
Hopefully your luteal phase will get this letter and take a hint.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Cass said...

"Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you"

Bwahahaha. I've never heard that, but I'm loving it. I will politely refrain from musing about the possibilities, though I may keep my fingers crossed just in case.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

16-17 days and you haven't tested. You are a superwoman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home