Monday, November 07, 2005

How many follicles did you say again?

I swear, I'm working on the pictures. Things just were a little crazy around here this weekend, and I can't find the scanner software, and the batteries that I picked up for my digital camera are apparently bad, and need to be returned. Go figure right?

Another day, another scan. Oh, and did I mention that I nearly fell off the table? Mind you, no one has ever said that I have any indication of PCOS, and rebuffed me when I asked about it. So I was a little surprised today when the wandmonkey said that she was looking at a "classic PCOS presentation." Slow responding to meds, but apparently rather aggressive recruitment of follies. I'm waiting for the E2 levels from the lab to find out if I'm supposed to trigger tonight or tomorrow. The doctor wants me to potentially take another dose of Follistim tonight to help get the follies a little bigger, but I'm becoming petrified.

I have eleven measurable follicles right now. ELEVEN. There were more, but she basically hinted that those were all she had room to write on the form.

On the left, I have one at 18, 15, two at 11, and one at 10.

On the right, I have one at 16, 15, 13, two at 12, and one at 11.

Endometrial lining is at 13. I'm a little concerned, as it appears that this may be on the high end of normal, and I've seen that linings in excess of 15 can lead to problems with implantation. Needless to say, I'm not suffering from a thin lining though.

I was shaking when I was talking to the nurse. She assured me that this is fine, and that I'm not going to be cancelled. She did tell me that I'll be in a bit of pain afterward, as I will "definitely overstim." I freaked out and was asking questions about the risk of HOM, and she assured me that it will be o.k.

So now, I sit anxiously waiting for the call from the lab to see what I'm to do tonight.

Updated: The nurse just called, my estradiol level today is 709, on cycle day 10 - after 7 days of shots - the doctor gave me the go ahead to shoot another 150 IU of Follistim tonight. I know, I know - he's the doctor, but I'm just praying this is a good idea. Another round of labs & sono tomorrow a.m.

14 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You make a lot of eggs, woman!

Man, I'm hoping this goes well.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

"Classic PCOS presentation", eh? I've blogged about it before, but my wandmonkey saw fit to tell me I had a "classic" or "textbook" case of PCOS nearly every time I went in for a scan. I went in for scans two or three times a week for (more or less) six months. Yeah, thanks bitch.

Anyway, you with your eleven follicles take it easy. Good luck with the lab phone call.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Any news yet?

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be fine. I am PCOS, and I've had a few hyperstim episodes... don't worry. From the sound of things, you won't be benched.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm drooling over here - 11 follicles!

I'm so glad I didn't miss the pictures. Too funny - I was thinking of doing the same thing. Maybe I'll just stick to posting pics of various exotic vacations.

Good luck if you trigger tonight!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Mere said...

EEEEP! I am excited and anxious for you all in one. Good Luck!!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot! Good luck!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the trigger. My fingers are crossed for you. Let us know what the RE says about the PCOS... that's bizarre that no one has ever mentioned it to you before.

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to fear - I am PCOS (got diagnosed in a very similar manner) -When I stimmed had even more follicles and higher E2 and I didn't get benched and haven't had any overstimming side effects. I am really hoping that things continue to go well for you!!! Very exciting.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Good luck to you.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Larisa said...

That is a lot of follicles!

Hoping that things go well and that this cycle works beautifully!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Wow, I'm jealous!! Sounds like things are going well. Let's keep it that way!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Linda said...

You go girl, with your bad follicular self! Amazing, you are.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger persephone said...

April, I apologize if this is stuff you already know, but follicles tend to grow 1-2 mm per day, and although something as small as 14 might contain a mature egg, 16-18 is much more likely. The E2 is also a clue: usually at least 200 per mature follicle. So it looks to me like even with another day of growth, only 4 of these follicles are really in the running.

Not sure if that's as reassuring as you'd like it to be, but it's less scary than 11, right? Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home