Thursday, November 03, 2005

What do you want to see?

Michael is a phenomenal photographer. The black & white pictures of me that he took on our wedding day with his trusty completely manual Nikon FM2 are hanging on the wall on the way up the stairs in our house. The ones from the photographer that we paid through the nose for - meh - those are in the basement in a rubbermaid tub next to the dryer.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the voyeuristic anticipation of "exposing" myself (g-d only knows what perverts I'm going to get with that statement, although it probably can't beat the "sadist bra training for men" or "first love tampon" searches I've gotten in the last few days, which I don't even *want* to contemplate). We're going on a photographic expedition this weekend, hopefully before the trees are completely stripped of leaves by the unbelievable wind that's been blowing for the last two days.

My photography skills are not so phenomenal, but it's a hobby that we can spend time together doing, so I'm learning. Slowly. Very sloooooooooooooooooowly. Thankfully, he's an incredibly patient man, and I do enjoy learning. For me - having my subject in focus or not overexposed is an accomplishment in itself. Something completely in the frame - call the Vatican - it's a miracle!

I could tell you about him trying to teach me how to tie my shoelaces (no, seriously. Before my 23rd birthday I had a B.B.A, an M.B.A. and a J.D. but I still don't know how to tie my own fucking shoelaces) but I'll just tell you about the photography lessons instead. He's patient, but even he has started suggesting I just stick to slip on shoes as I think he's given up hope for me on that one.

So, now that I've successfully disclaimed any photographic skill whatsoever, what else do you want to see about my life? I'm learning to use a new camera this weekend, so make me a list of things you'd like to see, and I'll try to get around to photographing all of them in the next week.

6 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

No photo requests (except of course your purty face, which I'm dying to see), but I wanted to say that I still tie my laces bunny-ears style.

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm curious to get a peek at that hairdo! But whatever you take should be interesting.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Sadist bra training for men? Should be a manditory unit in all PE courses! Then maybe WE could stop wearing underwires...

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok now the suspense is officially killing me!!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I'd like to see a wedding pic, if you can scan them. But that's not something for you to practice one. So how about your favorite place to just relax and chill? And your garden - it would be neat to see a pre- picture now and then a post in the spring when all the bulbs you just planted are in bloom.

Still waiting for a picture of YOU! :-)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

How about a photo of what you ate for lunch on Saturday.
Just tossing around ideas.
I just want to see you -- you big tease!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home