Monday, January 30, 2006

More effective than a rowing machine

Want a sure fire way to make sure that you actually use EVERY SINGLE muscle in your body without going to the gym? Want a way that you can guarantee that you will find muscles you didn't know even existed could be sore (such as on top of your hands or your forearms)? Want to have that sexy, eau de bengay scent when you go to sleep?

Then do I have a solution for you!

I'm an impatient person. No surprise really, that considering we closed on the house at 9 a.m. on Friday, that I was ready by um, 9:05 to start moving in and decorating. The only problem with that, is well, it's my MIL's house, and she's completely gutting her new house, and until at least the flooring and cabinets are installed, she can't move into the new house.

So Michael and I volunteered (somewhat warily) to help out. By 6:00 p.m. yesterday the wallpaper was stripped out of every room but one, the carpet & carpet pad (and the staples and furring strips) were all ripped out of the entire house, the 15 feet of ceramic tile was chiseled out of the entryway, and some trees were cut down outside.

We are so sore that typing is inflicting more pain than I thought possible. Why didn't we just wait for the flooring people to do all this? Because we were antsy - that's why. And now the flooring people just have to come in and put down the new hardwood and tile. Huzzah.

Oh, and we have to help paint - but that's no problem as long as we do it before the new carpet comes in.

And for the record, should you happen to have recently slathered bengay on your hands - remember that when you decide to get frisky. I'm just saying.

14 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Don't some people recommend ben gay as an assist in friskiness? It has never appealed to me personally in that regard.

Good luck in your move!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! Burning girlie bits!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Shinny said...

I can honestly say I have never gotten bengay "down there" but have rubbed my eye with it on my hands, that stuff doesn't all come off when you wash your hands.
I am so excited for you and your new house! How fun is that?
Let me know when you need me to come help paint and decorate. ;)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Vicks Vap-o-rub. Also not recommended.

I hope you're going to post some pictures of your house - during and post-face lift.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eewww. Not liking that image about the ben gay at all!!! And am not in the slightest bit handy so am v impressed with your work.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing--perhaps a hot bath?
Congratulations on all of your good news from the last post, which I didn't see until now. I am so pleased that things are going well for you!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I also missed an opportunity to comment on your last post. Can I just say WOW. And I want you two around the next time I need anything around the house done.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Oh no! Did you get BenGay on him or on you? Either way, it just doesn't sound "mood enhancing." Hmmmmm.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine the ben gay sensation on the pink parts!

Doing house stuff is utter hell and incredibly fun all at once. Good luck with it all!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger deanna said...

Gawd......my memories are so fresh that your story made my own muscles burn in sympathy. There's nothing like ripping up carpet and all those wretched little tack strips and staples, and wallowing in someone else's under-padding dirt and funk, to make you feel completely Exhausted.

BUT----you also end up feeling pretty damn proud of yourself, too. Bravo, girl!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

That cold heat stuff is also torture. Congrats on the new house ... good luck with your move and back away from the bengay!!!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I stink at doing most run of the mill housework type stuff. I'm very impressed!
I'm also rather impressed you were feeling frisky after all that hardwork. Kudos to you!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my legs and wincing just thinking about what you said re: ben gay. Yikes!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Liz said...

OUCH...I know that was painful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home