Friday, October 15, 2004

New Beginnings

Well, M. and I have done some serious talking about relocation, and believe that we may have come up with an answer.... Kansas City. He's from there, and although he hasn't lived there since high school, we're familiar with the area, his mom lives there, and bluntly put, the cost of living is dramatically different (cheaper) than it is here. If I rush to get my application in, I could still skip the multistate portion of the bar if I took it in Feb.

Of course, we're not making any sudden moves, as I want to make sure that we have the ability to transfer to a decent firm. But I'm excited. And during Thanksgiving, while we're there, we're planning on scoping out the neighborhoods, and trying to get a feel for where exactly we want to be.

On the infertility front, I called a few R.E.s in the area today to try to get in. I'm tired of dealing with my GYN's office, as they don't seem to really care that this is taking so long. "Just relax". Um. hello. you are the doctor. you figure out what's wrong with me.

I am so happy it's Friday. I feel like the end isn't here yet. I'm not ready to give up fighting.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Congrats on selecting a potential relocation town--hope it looks even better when you scope it out during Thanksgiving.

If you need any suggestions on good REs in the area, let me know (though I realize you once offered me this same favor!). I absolutely LURVE my RE but I've also recently come across a recommended good guy via some friends. Both have offices in the town directly west of your home base.

Hope you get an appt soon and can begin to figure out what's 'wrong' with you. Don't give up the fight because the end is definitely nowhere near.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Soper said...

If you do relocate, I concur, do it before having to retake the Multistate. I'm screwed, it's been four years since I took the Bar, I'd have to go back and do ALL of it again in a different state since Alabama grants reciprocity to no one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home