Thursday, January 27, 2005

A dreaded sunny day

I'm still here.
I'm still waiting for direction.
We still have no plan.
He still is sans test.

Amazement of amazement we actually had sex - and more than once before my projected ovulation day (today). I thought marriage equalled easy access to sex. I guess M. just isn't into it as much as me - so we, uh - don't as often as I would like. Of course, the likelihood that sex will equal a baby for us is about zilch - so it's more an amusement than anything.

His mother is at our house as I type this - a day early - and of course I wasn't done cleaning the house because I wasn't expecting her until TOMORROW night.

We leave in a week for New Orleans. Then we have a big trip in early April to Paris/Amsterdam. I thought by now I'd be heavy with pregnancy. I thought by now we'd be decorating a nursery. I wanted to pick out baby clothes in Paris.

My heart is still breaking.

Still.

3 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hi,sweetie. Sorry about the early in-law visit. Isn't there a law (or at least a regulation) against that?

Sorry, too, that the difficulty continues.

You mentioned in a comment to me that you'd like info on Paris for your trip--please e-mail me if so, because in my other life, I like to pretend I'm a travel agent, and I absolutely love helping other people with their trips (vicarious thrills, what have you). You are going to have a wonderful time in both New Orleans (mmm...beignets...) and Paris and Amsterdam!

Best of luck, my dear.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Why is it that mother-in-laws show up early? To inspect our unprepared housekeeping, to rattle us, or just to annoy?

My heart is still breaking with you.

--Bugs

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

April, I can't seem to find your email address, but I just wanted to let you know that I read the August 12th entry you mentioned and was moved to tears. So glad that you found the strength to get away from your ex, move on and find the love and stability with your husband. You had to make heartbreaking decisions and be so incredibly strong to get through it all, I'm just floored. No wonder your posts seem wise beyond your years--you've packed in a lot of life lessons.

Wishing you everything good and happy.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home