Monday, January 24, 2005

Peace

Sometimes, when feeling down and awful (go read my post at www.texasonmymind.blogspot.com if you want a glimpse into the issues in my life which don't revolve (amazingly enough) around my fertility, or lack thereof) I find God revealed in small ways that bring me such peace that I am moved nearly to tears.

While typing a few minutes ago (quite a feat today considering I had yet another surgery on my hand today) I looked out the window and saw a manatee and her calf slowly - methodically swimming under the bridge and across the channel.

It is considered (by some) to be an omen of good luck to witness their presence. I haven't seen one in a long time. It was such a welcome gift today.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Good Omens.

Actually, that's also the name of one of my favorite books (by Terry Pratchett) which I highly recommend as wonderful medicine while recovering from hand surgery.

You will laugh until you pee. Which is always good.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

What an amazing sight. Wish I could have seen them.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home