Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A common title

I couldn't decide if I wanted to call this "frustration", "ugh", "what the fucking fuck" etc. but then I realized that well, I had already used those.

Michael just became eligible for his health insurance through work. It's an HMO. He wa previously covered through mine - a PPO. He was anxious to change over (it's almost entirely paid for by his firm) as we've been hemmorhaging money each month paying for his coverage out of pocket.

I didn't have the chance to review the documents before he changed, and of course - well of course they do not cover infertility treatments/diagnosis. At least not with the current R.E. so the new rounds of tests that he had scheduled will have to be rescheduled, with another lab or paid for out of pocket. And our R.E. won't take a s/a from another lab.

Another cycle wasted. At least.

fucking.

fuck.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger lyricist said...

April,

I am very sorry to hear that. Any chance you can cancel the switch? I ask b/c back when I had a job (currently in law school) one of my bosses switched from the most expensive PPO offered to the much cheaper HMO - and everyone told him that most of the coverage was the same and he would save a ton. Sadly, a few months later - he had a stroke. The cheap HMO forced him out of daily physical therapy after a few weeks and put him on a much cheaper outpatient twice a week schedule. The PPO had no such limitation. Anyway - I know you are not [thankfully] facing the same thing - but given the costs of IF treatments (which I know nothing about - but good luck) doesn't it make more financial sense to stick with the high end PPO until the children arrive?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Toni said...

Ugh...it's amazing how crappy insurance is. Perhaps he could switch back?? Or maybe the sa isn't that expensive??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home