Friday, February 11, 2005

Why?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/newborn.tossed/index.html

This happened in our town. A woman and a man were arguing, and threw out a bundle from their car window. A woman driving behind them saw the bundle hit the grass, and witnessed it moving. She thought it was kittens, or perhaps puppies.

Instead, a newborn caucasian baby with a produce sack tied around his head.

A beautiful, sweet perfect baby. Discarded - thrown out like a fast food wrapper from the window of a moving car.

And our nursery remains empty.

I don't understand.

This, this is why I am struggling with such heavy sadness. This is why I am struggling with God.

I am so angry I am crying. I just don't understand. I never will.

4 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

What a brutal and horrible thing. There is no justice.

--Bugs

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thought you'd like to know--story isn't true! The Washington Post and CNN.com reported that the (crazy) woman made up the story to hide her own birth. And the baby is doing fine. So yes, there are screwed-up people in the world who don't deserve their beautiful babies (this woman sounds like one of them), but at least this awful story wasn't true.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger April said...

Thanks for the update Jen. You have no idea how relieved (at least in part) that the story was bogus.

My heart is heavy for this woman - who knows what she must be going through to feel so alienated, so lost to have concocted a story like this.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I feel that so often. Women having children that they don't want, and here I am longing for what seems to be a "burden" to them.
I cannot comprehend it all.

Julie
www.simplylife.blogdrive.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home