Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Medicine of My People

I am tired of being sick.

I thought the fever was gone on Thursday, by Friday it had spiked up to over 103. I finally let Michael take me to the emergency clinic, and I'm now popping 2000 mg. antibiotic pills that I'm pretty sure were originally designed for ingestion by an animal of the size equivalent to at least a horse.

I'm also now reminded of why I could never be bulimic. I'm also having to down anti-nausea pills to keep the antibiotics down. Oh, and decongestants to break up the stuff in my chest - and I don't know - some other pills - and I'm starting to look like a little old lady with my purse full of pills.

I've slept probably 90% of the day for the last four days, and you know what, I'm tired of sleeping. Sleeping is making me exhausted.

Perhaps the reason I'm still sick is that I haven't had any Campbell's Chicken Soup, Dayquil or Sprite... the medicine of my people.

So, thanks for those of you who've emailed and such to check in on me - I'm here, I'm alive (barely) but I'm here.

Thanks for the input on the cell service. I now have a magenta Razr - with service through T-Mobile.

14 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Donna said...

OMG April, I'm glad you finally got some meds! Your body will know when it has had enough sleep, don't try to fight it. Feel better soon.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad you're okay - get better soon!

And what tribe do you hail from?

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Well that sucks.

I'm still waiting on the vacation decision report. Hope that replaces 'fever' your priority list soon.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

UGh, sounds awful. I hope you are on the mend now.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger moo said...

Get well soon. We miss you!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hope you get feeling better also, thinking of you. Hopefully those antibiotics will kick in soon!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger deanna said...

Getting sick in the Spring is such a friggin gyp. So sorry you got picked for that crummy train.

Sending many hugs, and hopes that you'll be feeling better again soon.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Glad there's nothing more seriously wrong. Feel better soon!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Shinny said...

I hope you are better by now. I miss you and hope that all is well.

You aren't holding out some really good news on us or anything, are you? That would be so very cool!

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing OK these days. Miss your posts.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Miss you! I hope you are feeling better by now.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Hope you're doing ok, April, it's been a long time since we heard from you. Your garden must be looking great by now.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nico said...

Add me to the list of people thinking about you, and hoping that everything is going well!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger moo said...

April - how are you?where are you? I hope you are doing well. Missing your updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home