Thursday, November 10, 2005

A City, a Village or Just One Baby.

First, let me say how much I appreciate my husband's ability to perform on demand within a set time frame. If I was in his shoes - er, so to speak, all systems would be definitely not set for launch. I have a shy bladder, and cannot even perform that on demand. If I was a man, well - it would be more than just that to be shy. This man is a trooper - and a definite keeper.

He teased me that he was going to go fishing this morning instead of accompanying me to the clinic, and leave me at the doctor's office alone, because it'll make such a better story. You getting knocked up in a room with a man who looks like Morgan Freeman, and I'm out fishing somewhere across town when it happens.

We traded rather crude jokes about the fact that the specimen rode in my bra in the trip to the doctor's office, and tried to keep it as light hearted as we could. But, to be honest we were both really nervous. It reminded me a lot of our wedding day. The day we got married, I asked him if we were really going to go through with it, and he responded "yeah, well - what the hell. We're already here" and then he kissed me.

When the doctor first inserted the speculum in me, I looked over at Michael and asked if we couldn't just get a puppy instead - or if he really wanted to go through with it. He looked over at me, squeezed my hand and said, "yeah, well - what the hell. We're already here" and then he kissed me.

The doctor called me "the queen of ovulation" but said in all likelihood there were only four eggs that actually released. He said that it's quite possible we could end up with twins, and were running about a 8-12% chance of "triplets or more". Where that number comes from I have no clue. Then he asked if we had twins if we would be finished. I said I don't know - Michael just looked as if he would pass out. "Four eggs released?!?!" he asked incredulously...

The procedure itself went incredibly smoothly. To be honest, when the doctor stepped away from me, I asked him, "how long will it take? He laughed, and said - "I'm done - what did you want it to hurt? With good mucus it makes it easy." Do you hear that Internets - I have good cervical mucus! (never, ever in my life did I think that I would say that) .

We were holding hands, with my legs propped up on the table and the doctor came by and patted my tummy. He said - I bet the next time I see you we'll be scanning to see if you have a city, a village or just one baby in there.

Please, just one. Just one.

16 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

How exciting. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Your doc sounds like he has good bedside manners. That's so nice.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! May your 2ww fly by. Good luck!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Dee said...

I gotta say--I loves me some Morgan Freeman...and from the sound of it, I also loves me some sweet RE treating you.

May your 2ww fly by--and may there be a healthy babe or babes taking root as we speak.

You're in my thoughts :-)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger DD said...

Just when you think the two weeks prior were a booger, now it's another 2ww, like you needed a reminder, right?

I'm glad to know that not everyone has a RE from hell, as I started thinking my Dr. M. was a rarity!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'm glad that I was right in saying that only a fraction of the eggs that you actually produced were released - phew! The stats about twins and triplets are just stats, try not to concentrate on that at this point, I have the bad habit of getting way ahead of myself. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands and doctors.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Lala said...

Good luck. I hope for just one for you.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great husband! Good luck keeping occupied during the 2 ww. Here's hoping that one (and just one) sticks.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband is too cute.

Hoping and hoping and hoping for you.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always said that I'd end up with none or a litter.

Here's hoping there's just one.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

Great wedding story! I wish you good luck and a happy 2ww!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

It all just sounds so promising! Hoping the best for you.

If it helps, the IUI cycle I got pregnant with my son, I got a "higher order multiples warning" that I had a higher than usual chance of twins or triplets, but he was just a rather large singleton.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this is the answer to your dreams...

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you!! I am praying that your wait goes by fast and ends with positive results.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Mere said...

OK, LOVE your husband!! LOVE your doctor!! Hoping you get the one you want.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lisa P. said...

Your husband and your doc are keepers!

And good mucus... good responder... reason to think good thoughts for implantation, perhaps?? I'll be thinking it for you.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger twirl said...

Aww! That all sounds great. I'll be hoping for your one@

 

Post a Comment

<< Home