Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Folly update

Just got back from the scan, waiting to hear from the lab. My how things have changed in a day. Remember, this is for IUI, not retrieval. Thus my panic about having too many.

Left: 21, 18, 13, 13, 12

Right: 18, 18, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11

Endo is at 15.

Trigger tonight at 9.

I am scared shitless. This may actually work.

-------updated

The nurse just called. Estradiol levels are in at 1108. She said to start drinking gatorade now, because I have already overstimmed and it's just going to get worse from here on out. Apparently there are tons of other small follies hanging out in addition to the 12 I listed. I am definitely bloated already, and feel achy and have a raging headache. She said in 24-48 hours I wouldn't need to ask about how I'll know. You'll know, she said. You'll know.

I really hope & pray this works, but I'm petrified of multiples. We want three children, but we'd like to have them one at a time thank you. Of course, I suppose that's getting ahead of myself a bit.

Oh, and I just found out that apparently I may be working onsite for one of our largest clients. Their headquarters are approximately a four hour drive one-way away from our house. This is a two month long project, which means - a) I will be staying in a hotel M-Th. away from home; b) it's a long way away; and c) I won't be able to have my cats with me, um, or my husband either. Oh, and did I mention that this may start on Monday? Let's just say that with a client of this size and importance, however, you don't say no. You never ever say no.

22 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

Wow! I'm thinking of you! Sending you lots of baby dust!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Yea for lots of lovely follicles!

Those 18s and that 21 are the big guns of the class so hopefully they'll show off their maturity by one of them going and getting itself fertilized!

You're right--this could work--and how I hope hope hope it does. Happy triggering!

P.S. Lovely photo--you're a doll!--I did imagine you had dark hair but that was all I had in mind--glad to 'fill in the blanks' on what you look like :-)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Mere said...

"This may actually work."

I am hoping this is so. Good Luck and best wishes to you!!!!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lala said...

finger's crossed

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

Wow lots of follies!! I'm crossing everything for you!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Yowzas! Best of luck with the trigger and with the IUI!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Good luck!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit! I am hoping so hard for you -- good luck!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Are you bloated to all hell? Yeeps. Best of luck, of course.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Good luck, but not too much luck!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

Wow! Good luck with IUI!

BTW -- Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm totally pulling for you!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my god, April..... I'm sooooo hoping for you!!! When will you know something???

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Summer said...

Hope you're not in too much pain due to the overstim. I'm going to pass on my sil's mantra when she thought she might have too many...one or more, less than three...one or more, less than three..

(FYI she had twins)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger zhl said...

Holy moly, that's a lot of follicles. Hope it works and that it's not too painful for you.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker that is addicted. I am happy to hear that things are going well and wish you the best of luck!! I hope everything goes well for you.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

That's a heck of a medicated IUI follicle count. Hoping one or two of those biggest ones do the trick for you! And that it's just one or two, of course.

Perhaps the new client will be such a distraction that the 2WW will fly by with the speed of the late, great Concorde.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Ah yes, the bloating...
Good luck with the IUI. Here's hoping it works a beauty.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Even with that many, it's very likely that only the ones over 20 will make it. I'm sorry you overstimmed, sometimes I think this is all just a big guessing game.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*fingers crossed*

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow April, I hope this does work. Did they not discuss changing to IVF with you? My clinic would 100% definitely have cancelled at this point! I'll keep my fingers crossed that just two of eggs fertilise and decide to bed down in your very cushy endometrium!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a real gaggle of follicles there! Good luck to you! And I hope that your work responsibilities won't be too taxing as you go through this cycle. Take care of yourself--rest and drink fluids and all that jazz.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Mere said...

Thinking of you April! Hoping those ovaries calm down for you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home