Friday, November 11, 2005

The Venetian

Last night, we had sort of a surprise getaway. Michael had won a night stay in a themed hotel in the area at a charity auction, and the stipulation was that it had to be used before December 1st, and from Sunday - Thursday. The 33 rooms each had their own theme, ranging from a Colorado cabin, a Serengheti excursion, a Camelot themed room, and everything in between. We realized that we were coming up on the end of the time period, and thought - in all honesty that a follow up "personal reconnection" would not be an unwelcome afterthought after yesterday's stress.

So he picked me up last night from work and we drove out to the hotel, and as it turns out they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a much nicer suite, known as the Venetian. The room had fresh sparkling beverages and chocolates waiting for us when we arrived. My favorite part, however, was the enormous jetted tub with chromatherapy. I think I took three baths in the last night. We went out to dinner and dined on the most exquisite bison filets I've ever tasted with sides of creamed three cheese spinach and roasted asparagus and I had my last hurrah glass of a deep rich cabernet for a while. We laughed and held hands at the table, and it felt like it did when we first fell in love.

After returning to the hotel after dinner, we watched a movie and ordered two delicious desserts from room service, snuggled into the most enormous bed that I've ever seen that was covered in linens that felt like heaven. The bed was surrounded by 12 foot marble columns, and as I woke from a deep relaxing slumber I thought to myself, you know, I could get used to this.

This morning, we dined on breakfast in bed - cheese blintzes with berries, and ham and cheese omelets with sides of fresh melons and strawberries and the biggest cinnamon roll I've ever seen.

If you're ever in the area, I would highly suggest the hotel. It's not quite a hotel, not quite a bed and breakfast, but it was a great night.

I didn't realize how foggy my brain would be already on the progesterone. Before I even started my first pill I felt like I was in a haze and my breasts are so swollen and sensitive.

I am so thankful for our evening last night. It was like a fairy tale, and I'm delighted we had the opportunity to remember why we fell in love in the first place.

I feel like a million bucks today.

10 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a night like my 29th birthday when the Meester took me here.
They had a full sized hottub in the suite. It was heaven, and after that night, the meester definitely wants to get one of those tubs when we buy a house. :oP

I love that kind of pampering.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds divine!!! I'm insanely jealous. But you deserve a night of fabulousness. :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be dreaming of that bathtub tonight.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Glad you had an awesome evening. I'm just getting caught up with your goings-on you! Wow. Wow. Wow. I'll be back.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds impossibly wonderful. I am thinking I will take a vacation early this year before I eat up all my leave time with clinic appointments.
I hope you are still feeling well (did the gatorade help?)--I, for one, am nearly dead with excitement for you...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Linda said...

How wonderful! Sounds like it was just what you needed.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds lovely. So glad you had such a good time.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Excellent! Pampering is such a rare commodity these days, and we all deserve more of it.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven and then some, book me in for 12months I'll struggle but I'll get used to it... happy you had such a lovely time it's truely nice when you re-connect with the other half.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Nico said...

What a great way to de-stress! I'm hoping you're doing okay with the potential OHSS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home