Friday, November 18, 2005

Woolen unitards and animal instincts

Hope is a funny bitch eh? Not one of us want to welcome her into our lives on our own accord, but it's amazingly comforting when there are others who are wishing her on you.

So thank you. yous guys? yous girls? you women? you womyn? I would say thank y'all as I was brought up to say, but that just makes me think of Brintey Spe*ars which in turn makes me feel itchy. Sort of like wearing a woolen unitard. And taken from someone who's horribly allergic to wool, well - that would be really itchy. Damn, I'm breaking out into hives just thinking about it.

Nonetheless, a sincere thank you from the bottom of my shriveled up little bitter barren heart.

CD 21, 8 days past IUI. I went in this morning to have my progesterone levels tested. Given that I'm on 400 mg. a day of prometrium I have no idea what effect that will have on the test, or honestly what it matters.

Michael is convinced that I'm up the duff. He's fascinated with my boobs - and more than once I've caught him staring at them in amazement. While I would normally like the attention (I married an "ass" man, and well, apparently the good Lord decided to smack me in the rear with a 2x4 so instead of a nice round tush I have a nice wide flat space back there. Clear Channel may be leasing me out soon) the thought of him touching them is a big giant nono. I can't even shower facing the water right now they're so sore.

This is kinda strange, and I've never heard of it before, but he can usually tell when I'm about to start my period, about a day and a half before by how I smell when I first wake up. He says it's a very faint sort of a metallic chemically smell. Yesterday he asked me if I had implantation spotting - and I laughed and said "uh - no and where the hell did that come from?" He said "are you sure?" I confirmed that there was definitely nothing there. I was cramping badly - to the point that I thought my period may start gushing at any minute, but there was no blood.

This morning when I woke up he rolled over nuzzled into my hair and then looked at me and said I smelled strange. I got pissed and got up to go get in the shower thinking maybe it was smoky residue from the place we ate dinner at last night - and he said "no - not stinky... just different somehow. Your scent is "off" and has been for two days now."

My husband thinks he's a bloodhound. And my cats who normally have nothing to do with me have decided that they are now lap cats, and need to sleep on top of me. They hiss at anyone who comes close and they've been pulling my dirty clothes out of the hamper and sleeping in them. It's very bizarre. Not quite as bizarre as this show I remember watching in elementary school about spaceships and science and Russian invaders (yeah, that's about all I remember - but the cast all wore bitchin' metallic braided shoelace headbands) but still - pretty weird.

The doctor's office is having me come in for a beta Wed. morning.

In the meantime, I'm trying to convince Deputy Dawg and the guard cats that I'm just fine and that all this attention is for naught.

22 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger D said...

Very interesting...I hope all the noses in your house know!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Shinny said...

I have been following your story for a while and this post reminds me sooooo much of when I got pregnant last year. I am so thinking that you did get pregnant. My cats all did the exact same thing to me. I could be starting to sit on the couch and they would be trying to crawl onto my stomach. I noticed that I smelled different, my husband couldn't smell a skunk if it's butt was in his face. ;0.
I have my fingers crossed for you and the sore boobs in the shower, totally had that when I was pregnant with my son. I didn't wash my boobs for three months cause they were so sore. ;)
Good luck and I just know it worked for you.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like something's up - I love the fact that your husband smells you - that's great!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

Hope the bloodhound is keen on his senses and right on! I'm keeping my fingers and toes and everything else possible crossed for you!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very curious indeed! I have to admit I'm a bit envious you have a husband with such a keen sense of smell. Mine can't smell when the trash goes funky let alone the subtleties of my scent.
I really hope the smells and peculiar pet behavior points to one very good outcome!!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds bizarre but promising! Are you going to test before Wednesday? Hoping and hoping for you that your cats and bloodhound husband are right...

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of the things you've mentioned in your last post and this one is exactly what was going on with me before I found out I was up the duff.

My husband does the same smell thing. He told me that I smelled different. How the hell do they do that? He also says my skin is so soft now, which I'll agree.

This all sounds suspiciously familiar to me!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird. Maybe you can lease your husband out as an accurate yet no-urine-involved pregnancy test.

Wedneday can't come soon enough!

So, are you coming to infertile blogapalooza in 2 weeks or not?

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hope this is it for you! I'm most intrigued by the cats, as cats are so "in tune."

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoping very hard for you. i hope all those good smellers are right.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

As a woman with one, I have never heard of a man with a bionic nose.

Honestly, sometimes it's a curse. But not all the times. Good luck Wednesday.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Mere said...

If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck...

Anyway, here's hoping that Wednesday proves the animals right. (I loves me some bloodhound.)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger April said...

The funny thing is - I'm usually the one with the bionic nose, complaining that the cat litter stinks to high heaven, that he smells like "outside" when he's been fishing, etc.

He's just very tuned into "my" scent. It's admittedly odd. As I certainly can't smell it. But then again, right now - I can't smell anything. My nasal passages are swollen shut due to a losing battle with a 15% wool sweater.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Summer said...

I'd have to vote with the noses in your house for this one. What you're describing sounds suspiciously like you might get some promising news in a few days.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'm with the cats and the super sniffer hubby -- hoping you are in fact pregnant! And where did "up the duff" come from? I'm guessing its a British/Aussie thing, but I'm wondering if somebody can explain the term. I know what it means, just where it came from I mean.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger DD said...

On your last post you mentioned how your sense of smell had somehow been *enhanced* as it were, along with the boobs. Now you say hubby can "smell" a difference in you?

Well, now I'm just all goose-bumpy b/c anyone who's been there is right...not to get you overly excited or anything...

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Thanks for the wool reference. I feel very uncomfortable now.

I hope your husband's nose and your cats' sixth sense are correct. Best of luck on Wednesday.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Mmm-hmmn... very interesting,,

Ok, I can't help but say it... I sooo think you're pregnant!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Often, the pets in the house are the first to notice when pregnancy occurs. My Siamese wouldn't leave me alone, no way no how! She slept on my belly so much that whenever we couldn't get the baby to stop crying we'd pet Panda at the same time - and Rosey would stop bawling and calm down. I'm convinced she heard Panda purring in utero...

Are you still the keeper of the doubt? It sounds like your husband is gung-ho!

Oh my God, next Wednesday is five days away.

Five!!

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting, so exciting, so exciting!
Good luck on Wednesday...can't wait to hear.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Sheryl said...

LOL I'm loving Deputy Dawg and the guard cats!

I wish you luck on Wednesday!!!

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Your own personal bloodhound, eh? Hoping that special smell is, well, special. Thinking of you and hoping for great things on Wednesday!

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home